Build android-database-sqlcipher from source on windows

Hello,
I’m new with android-database-sqlcipher, and I succefully implement android sqlcipher to my app by adding “implementation ‘net.zetetic:android-database-sqlcipher:4.2.0’” to my module’s “build.gradle” “dependencies”.

Now I want to make a very small change to the source code and build “android-database-sqlcipher” from the source. I had downloaded the source from https://github.com/sqlcipher/android-database-sqlcipher and without making any changes, I add android-database-sqlcipher to my app using “Import module in android studio”. I got the following ERROR: Plugin with id ‘org.ec4j.editorconfig’ not found.

Can I make changes to the source code and add the result to my app? if the answer is yes. How can I do it on windows with android studio 3.4.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Youcef_Maouche

While I’m sure you could build SQLCipher for Android on Windows, the build system is not currently setup to do so. Your best bet would be to follow the build instructions on a Linux or macOS host. This can be done with a virtual machine if you don’t have that available.

Hi @developernotes

Thanks for your reply, I will give this try.