Integrating SQLCipher into a Core Data project, but not encrypting Core Data store

Hi @BrendanD

Thank you for your interest in SQLCipher and for posting to the discussion forum.

One thing I noticed is that you’re using both the standard FMDB pod and the FMDB/SQLCipher pod, you should only need to use the FMDB/SQLCipher pod (which includes all the standard FMDB stuff + SQLCipher).

Is there a way to allow Core Data to do its own thing with SQLite while other parts of my app use the SQCipher version of SQLite? Or can I get Core Data to use the same SQLite build that SQLCipher is using?

We DO NOT SUPPORT using SQLCipher with a project that includes a separate sqlite3 dependency, including via CocoaPods. That sort of configuration carries multiple inherent risks, including undefined behavior, deadlocks, loss of data, loss of encryption functionality, etc.

That being said, you may want to review this document: Important Advisory: SQLCipher with Xcode 8 and new SDKs – specifically the section under Project Setup and Linking which has instructions to ensure SQLCipher is linked into your Application first.