IOS Compile sources as issue

Hi,

I am trying to use the SQLCipher IOS integration according to SQLCipher Community Edition - iOS and macOS Tutorial - Zetetic. I am having issues with building the project.
I was able to reproduce this on any new project by simply changing “Compile Sources As” from “According to file type” in to “Objective-C++”. See Dropbox - SQLCypher-Test-Import.zip - Simplify your life.
I tried to change the flag to According to file type but I do have some Objective-C++ code and that seems to break → no longer able to see "#include ".

Did anyone have this issue and managed to solve it?

@Alexandru_Florin_Dra

Thanks for your interest in SQLCipher. You need to leave the “Compile Sources As” build setting as “According to File Type” as sqlite3.c is a C Source type and must be compiled as such.

For any files that you’re including an Objective C++ reference in, you’ll need to change the file name to use a double .mm to make sure it’s compiled as Objective C++.

The example project you linked appears to be in Swift, One thing to note is:

You cannot import C++ code directly into Swift. Instead, create an Objective-C or C wrapper for C++ code.

Thank you for the response.
I thought I responded that I fixed the problem by changing to .mm but seems I responded in the “your post is under review page”.
I did a wrapper around the OBJC code (I am integrating also GitHub - project-imas/encrypted-core-data: v2.0 - iOS Core Data encrypted SQLite store using SQLCipher which is actually another wrapper over SQLCipher). Amazingly everything seems to work :smiley:.

Thank you again for your time.