Native crash on x86 using armeabi-v7a lib

Yes, I sent the APK, with x86 libs, to the customer and it works fine.

hello @marcardari want to ask about problem in my phone(Zenofone 4) because i open skype always ‘‘unfortunately, skype has stopped’’, you have solution for my problem??
model number : ASUS_T00I
Android version : 4.3
please help me :frowning:

I just want to add to the report. We recently sent out an update that included a similar change in SQLCipher build versions. Over the weekend, we received 45 crash reports. All of them are Intel Atom based tablets and KitKat, 4.4. All of these were prior installs performing an upgrade. The x86 libs were not previously included, nor for this new build. I know the quick solution is to include the 5MB x84 libs. They will likely compress down to 2-3MB, so it’s not so big a deal these days, but I wanted to let you know that something changed enough to impact these devices that were seemingly happy beforehand.

I know you guys have your hands full with Android N vs. SQLCipher, so carry on. :wink:

Anyone know whether this problem is still relevant with the latest “Android N” beta: SQLCipher for Android - Upcoming Changes for Android N and Coordinated Beta Test Request ?

I managed to test on one x86 device where the crash happened (using 3.3.1-2), and it does not happen using the armeabi-v7a lib from the latest beta. So that’s very encouraging. However, it would be good to know if that new lib is also working on other problematic x86 devices.

Hello @marcardar

That is great hear! We look forward to any additional feedback you have. Thanks!