Secret Agent Action - shortcut not working

I’ve been using Codebook for Windows for several years now and I think the program and the Android app are great.
But only recently did I notice the “Secret Agent Action” feature.
It is very interesting and allows a semi-automatic login.

Unfortunately, it does not work to start the action with the predefined shortcut (Ctrl + R).
Ctrl + R is reserved for the page refresh in Firefox and also Microsoft Edge.
Is there a way to redefine the shortcut myself? (Comparable to “Preferences” -> “Secret Agent Keybinding”).

Currently, the shortcut assignment Ctrl + R does not make sense.

One more question - I do not succeed the function:
#[website]<enter><wait3>#[username]<tab>#[password]<enter>
Is it possible to start the web browser with a “Secret Agent Action” and immediately enter the form data (eg user and password)?

Hello @Frank_

Unfortunately, it does not work to start the action with the predefined shortcut (Ctrl + R).
Ctrl + R is reserved for the page refresh in Firefox and also Microsoft Edge.
Is there a way to redefine the shortcut myself? (Comparable to “Preferences” -> “Secret Agent Keybinding”).

The keybinding for running a Secret Agent Action is bound to the Secret Agent window itself. That is to say that you must have the Secret Agent window open, with the entry selected in which you wish to apply the action. The Secret Agent Action keybinding only applies within Secret Agent, not a browser, or other application. I have just tested this locally with several logins between Firefox and Microsoft Edge, both of which are working correctly for me.

One more question - I do not succeed the function:
#[website]<enter><wait3>#[username]<tab>#[password]<enter>
Is it possible to start the web browser with a “Secret Agent Action” and immediately enter the form data (eg user and password)?

Do you have the Secret Agent window open with an entry highlighted, or viewing the fields (either will work)? You can not just hit Ctrl + R on any page within your browser in order to launch the Secret Agent Action, you must first bring up Secret Agent (via the hot key), and locate the entry containing the action you wish to run.

Hello Nick,

thank you for the fast reply.

Concerning the hotkey issue:
Of course, the window of the Secret Agent is open and in the foreground when I execute the key combination Ctrl + R.
The input cursor is in a field for the login name. (the command line string is:

#[login]<tab>#[password]<enter>

Then I press Ctrl+R.
The login name is entered correctly.
But the “TAB” key is interpreted as Ctrl+Tab (as far as I understand)
That means, if I have open several Browser-Tabs the input jumps to another Browser-Tab. The password entry fails. The following <enter> works correct.
If there is only one Browser-Tab open the key is ignored and the password entry is added to the login string.
The <tab> entry is misinterpreted.

But all works correctly when I use the “play”-button with a mouse click.

My wife also uses Codebook - but on Windows 7.
On her computer there is the same behavior.
The Secret Agent Action works with the mouse-click-play-button but not with the hotkey Ctrl+R.

Hello @Frank_

We will investigate this further and report back out findings. Thanks!

Hello @Frank_

We were finally able to reproduce the behavior you described above. The issue is that in order to perform that you must press AND hold CTRL + R; press and release CTRL + R performs the operation correctly. Would you try releasing the keystroke a bit quicker and let us know if that changes the behavior on your end?

Hello Nick,

You are right.
If the input is made with a short press, it works!
O.k. my mistake, but finaly solved.

Thank You.

Hello @Frank_

We will include a fix in the next release that will adjust the behavior so that it will only fire once the key combination has been released, to prevent this from happening again. Thank you for bringing this to our attention!