Windows 10 Codebook displays 'blank'

I literally ‘see’ nothing - both password and main app screen blank/white on Windows 10 - I can login so app is working but no display. Tried downloading new installer and running repair…

Hi @RoZZaH

Thank you for your support of Codebook and posting to the discussion forum, although I’m sorry to hear about the display issues you’re experiencing with Codebook for Windows.

Could I ask what type of Laptop/Desktop + hardware you are using?

We’ve had other customers report that Lenovo’s RapidBoot software can cause interference. Do you happen to be using RapidBoot.

We’ve seen some display issues specific to Lenovo/Dell devices related to the integrated graphics. Could you check if your graphics drivers are up-to-date, and if not update them. Here are some instructions from Microsoft on how to update drivers: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028443/windows-10-update-drivers Specifically to update your graphics drivers access Device Manager → Display adapters. Right-click on the device and select Properties, then select the Driver tab, finally click Update Driver.

Finally, if you boot your computer in Safe Mode does Codebook display properly?

Let me know the answers to these questions and if any of the suggestions are helpful. Thanks!

I checked the app in Safe Mode and it worked so I knew it was something to do with display - oddly updating my webcam software resolved this for Codebook (and NordVPN - which had also gone ‘blank’). Thanks for your pointers.

Hi @RoZZaH

Thank you for the update, we’re happy to hear the issue is resolved! If you don’t mind sharing, what webcam software are you using? This may be helpful to know when troubleshooting this issue for other users. Thanks

I have a strange setup Windows (no bootcamp, but bootcamp drivers) on a Macbook Air - I had to reinstall the bootcamp/Windows drivers for ‘Facetime’ webcam - or whatever apple calls a webcam. R

Hi @RoZZaH

Thanks for the update, we appreciate it!