Building SQLCipher for Android on Ubuntu 14.04

Hello,
I have been trying to compile SQLCipher from scratch on a Ubuntu 14.04 setup with the following packages:
jdk1.7.0_79
android-ndk-r10e
android-studio 1.2.1.1

Followed the instructions from the SQLCipher site for compilation from scratch:
git clone <>
make init
make

Compilation gets stuck at this place:
[dex] Converting compiled files and external libraries into ~/android-database-sqlcipher/bin/classes.dex…

Has to be terminated here.

Also if there is no configured android project in the directory, it generates the *so without the *jar files (common-codec,guava-r09,sqlcipher)

How do I resolve this? Thanks in advance for the help.
Ajit

Hello @Ajit

We no longer have a dependency on commons-codec.jar or guava-r09.jar, so you should not see those files anymore. I can’t say I have seen the issue you are seeing. What happens when you just run make build-java?

Hello Nick,
Thanks for the reply/support. Initially when compiling, I went through the Makefile and saw references to faketime and assuming that it was needed had installed it. The Android compilation would always freeze. I uninstalled it and the shared objects (armeabi*/x86*) and the sqlcipher*.jar are being generated now.
Also can confirm that it compiles properly with the mentioned tools and utilities. Tested it with the Android app sample on the website and it works.

Thanks again,
Ajit

Hello @Ajit

Thank you for getting back to us with your status, I am glad to hear everything is working well for you now. Thanks!