SQLCipher for Android 3.5.7 Release

Hi folks,

SQLCipher for Android 3.5.7 was just released (based on SQLCipher 3.4.1). It includes a small fix that addresses an issue identified on Android OS 5.1.1 in which loading a large amount of data from a query caused the native CursorWindow to crash. More information can be found here to access the latest version of the library. Please let us know if you run into any issues. Thanks!

3 Likes

Hello,

After upgrading library to 3.5.7 app crashes while loading huge data

09-12 10:16:51.667 5228-5748/com.mycompany.myapp A/libc: Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0x00000000 (code=128), thread 5748 (AsyncTask #5)

This is happening only in 4.4.2 emulators/devices.
I think it is the same as @suraj9781 said for version 3.5.6
SQLCipher for Android 3.5.6 Release

I execute more than 4k inserts and then this error happens.

Hello @Elfis

We would be happy to investigate this further. Would you provide a reproducible example within the SQLCipher for Android test suite for further review? Thanks!

is link on maven provided here
https://mvnrepository.com/artifact/net.zetetic/android-database-sqlcipher/3.5.9
is the community prebuild files and the branch is belong to the zetetic company?

I need to use it in my project and want to make sure that everything is legal and from authenticated source, so please reply as soon as possible.

Hi @Peter_Zaky

Our community edition builds of SQLCipher for Android are uploaded to Maven Central. You can find the latest AAR here. You can also find various digest files available there to compare against the AAR.

Please note that we distribute GPG digital signatures for our commercial edition builds here. The GPG digital signature from our commercial edition build of SQLCipher for Android will not match that of the community edition as the packages are different.

1 Like