Unable to load DLL 'sqlcipher'

Hello,

I have actually used SQLCipher for several Console Application projects and they were all working fine without the error message that I just got today. This new project that I need to work on is a .NET Framework 4.7.2 Windows Web Forms.

Appreciate that anyone can get back to me as I’ve tried googling for solutions…

Error message details:
Unable to load DLL ‘sqlcipher’: The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E).
at SQLitePCL.SQLite3Provider.sqlcipher.NativeMethods.sqlite3_libversion_number() at
SQLitePCL.raw.SetProvider(ISQLite3Provider imp)
at the line of “Batteries_V2.Init();”.

The Batteries_V2.Init() line is also used in my console applications without any issues.

Oh and this project is published into IIS (don’t think that’s the issue here) unless SQLCipher is not available to be used in Windows Web Forms and only for Console Applications?

Thanks!

Also, the dll files ‘sqlcipher’ were also generated when I published my project.
The file locations:
inetpub/wwwroot/projectname/x64/sqlcipher.dll
inetpub/wwwroot/projectname/x86/sqlcipher.dll
inetpub/wwwroot/projectname/bin/x64/sqlcipher.dll
inetpub/wwwroot/projectname/bin/x86/sqlcipher.dll

Hi @herrokeeti

Are you using a Commercial edition of SQLCipher, or the Community edition? Can you detail what SQLCipher packages you are including in your web project?

Hi @developernotes,

Thanks for the reply.

I’m actually using the Commercial edition of SQLCipher purchased under another entity.

I’ve resolved the issue by reinstalling all the required packages and tested.

Hi @herrokeeti

That is great news, we are happy to hear you were able to resolve the issue. Take care!