I ran into a few issues while working with an in-memory database and trying to attach a on-disk database. The project I’m working on is using the Android Library, version 3.5.9.
Here is what the app is doing:
- Create an on-disk database with a password. The ‘cipher_page_size’ is set to 4096.
- Create an in-memory database without changing any settings.
- Attach the on-disk database to the in-memory one.
- I get an exception saying file is not a database.
I found out that, if I do not use a password to create the on-disk database, it works.
I also found out that, if I change the cipher page size to 1024 for the on-disk database, it works.
Questions I have:
- Is the exception thrown because the two databases have different page sizes?
- As a follow-up, does that imply the in-memory database have default page size of 1024?
- My understanding is that the in-memory database is not encrypted. Does that mean it does not even have cipher_page_size setting?
- Any steps I am missing or am doing wrong?
Thank you very much,