Codebook for Linux

I am continuing to dump windows and mac in favor of Linux Mint. I have found either commercial or opens source software replacements for almost everything I need, except codebook! Please either create a linux version (probably an Appimage) or at least point me to a script that will allow me to access the db!

I use Ubuntu Linux on all my computers. Codebook is one of the few reasons I still boot into Windows on occasion, when the Android Codebook won’t do the job. I have been using Codebook for years. Excellent software. The last software I bought, Antidote 10, was available for Linux, so I hope it is just a matter of time for Codebook.

Debian variants. Raspberry Pi OS

I’m also long time Codebook user on Windows. Now going to switch to Ubuntu. Any update regarding current or future Linux support?

another vote for linux from a long time STRIP/Codebook user on windows, OS X, iOS, Android and now Manjaro linux. would happily pay for a linux option (wouldn’t it be nice if the port from OS X to linux wasn’t that hard
 )

I have used Codebook (on a Palm Pilot known as STRIP) for years and to this date. I have been doing much more lately in Linux. I would love to see a version on that platform. I do have my phone nearby, but that is somewhat of a pain.

Hi @lwetzel,

Thank you for your continued support of Codebook, nĂ©e STRIP for all of these years, we alway appreciate talking to long-time customers. We do receive inquires every so often about Linux support. At this time there hasn’t been a large enough interest to support building Codebook on the Linux platform. If I may ask, what Linux distribution do you us, and do you regularly purchase software for your Linux platform?

Hello again Nick,

I appreciate you position. I haven’t settled on one distribution yet I’m still surveying what’s available. I stick mostly to Debian. I find Zorin, Linux Mint, and Fedora more to my liking. I prefer Cinnamon and KDE desktops as they are very like Windows Desktop. I have tried for may years to use Linux but it is only in the last 8-10 years that the drivers allow easy installation. I have not purchased software but that does not mean I won’t when I find something I need or want. I have been experimenting with the Raspberry Pi for small projects at home. So I am using Linux on that but also Laptops and Desktops to become more efficient.

I am not sure what you company does for advertising Codebook but I do know I have never seen anyone referring to it other than on you site and Discus. I recently referred others to it for the replacement of LastPass because of their hacking incident. Might want to consider getting more out there.

It would certainly be of value to me for all the web sites I use that are the same on all my devices.

Thanks for your response.