Codebook for macOS 3.1.0 Released

This update to Codebook for macOS includes numerous bug fixes and two brand new features: Secret Agent Actions and password weakness warnings. Here’s a quick video showing how we can use Secret Agent to quickly fill out forms in one trip:

###Changes in this version:

• Adds new Action commands for Secret Agent
  • Adds new password weakness warnings
  • Fixes various crashes
  • Fixes bug preventing WiFi sync with Android from working correctly
  • Fixes sorting of entries list after Journal sort preference changes

Download: Mac App Store

If you purchased Codebook (or STRIP) in the Mac App Store:

1. Visit this link on your Mac
  2. Click the “View in the Mac App Store” button
  3. It will launch the App Store app and display the Codebook page
  4. Click the Install or Update button below the Codebook icon
  5. When installation completes click the Open button, or launch Codebook from Applications or Spotlight

###Download: Direct from Zetetic

If you purchased Codebook directly from Zetetic (outside the Mac App Store):

1. Download the update
  2. If Codebook is still running, quit the app
  3. Unzip the file, drag Codebook to your Mac’s Applications folder
  4. If prompted whether to replace the existing version, choose Replace
  5. Launch Codebook from Applications or Spotlight

###Support

If you are having trouble updating or have any questions please get in touch with us at support@zetetic.net.

Thank you for Secret Agent Action commands! Sweet, sweet, sweet!

1 Like

@wgray one thing I noticed. When creating a new Secret Agent Action, at the bottom of an entry with a lot of items in it (username, password, notes, license etc etc etc), where the Action is physically at the bottom of the Codebook window, pressing down-arrow does not cause the common Actions to pop down. It does cycle through them, but, it’s a little confusing.

In an entry with only a couple things like username and password only, pressing down arrow makes a list pop out and down. I suspect this is because there is space, and the SAA entry is only halfway down the physical window.

I wonder if something is possible in this case…

Another thing I noticed today @wgray: when I bring up Secret Agent from a locked state, the text in the popup dialog is super-extra-bold, and the text says “Codebook is Locke”.

Maybe the bold makes the text too wide, or you’re just LOST fans.

Hi @rickcogley

Glad to hear you like the new Secret Agent Action feature! Thanks for taking the time to report the issue of the Secret Agent Action suggestions table not displaying at the bottom of the window. We’re working on an adjustment currently, would you be willing to beta test it when it’s ready?

This is currently what my Secret Agent window looks like when I hit the hotkeys and Codebook is locked:

Is this the screen you’re referring to? Would you mind posting a screenshot of what your window looks like? Does it occur every time for you, or just in certain circumstances (i.e. after you’ve let Codebook automatically lock, or the first time you launch it)?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Micah

I was pretty into it at first, started in the middle as it was broadcast, until I saw an episode with the smoke monster :joy: Fun show, though!

Hi @mmoore - yes, sure, I can beta test it, no problem.

Um, not it’s not happening now (of course). It popped up like that, and I had never seen it emboldened. I thought that’s odd, then got distracted and forgot to take a screenshot. If I see it again, I will.

@wgray, it begs the question, are there any easter eggs in Codebook?! Inquiring minds…
:slight_smile:

@rickcogley

Just posted the beta: https://discuss.zetetic.net/t/codebook-for-macos-3-1-3-build-403-sa-action-suggestions-password-weakness-display-fixes/1775/1

Let me know if it resolves the obscured SA Action suggestions tableview. It should now display above the relevant field’s row if it’s too close to the bottom of the window. The same adjustment was also made for the password weakness table.

Thanks. We’ll keep an eye out for it as well.

Hi @mmoore, ok, will test. --Rick

Ha, yeah, but I call them Crash Reports :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:. I did slip one in once, briefly, but no one noticed. Maybe next time?

Haha, maybe it will require pressing a specific combination of emoji on the emoji-bar on the new Macbook Pro.