Codebook for macOS 3.6.0 Released - Adds Pwned Passwords API Lookup

This version of Codebook for macOS (3.6.0) adds a feature called Password Review that when enabled automatically checks the password you’re editing against the Pwned Passwords API, a new resource of over half a billion passwords hacked from various online services. We’ve got an article here describing how the feature works along with a demonstration video.

Changes in this version:

• Adds the new Password Review feature (preference disabled by default)
  • Adopts a new custom display for the autocomplete suggestions shown while editing fields
  • Fixes the early dismissal of the autocomplete suggestions by word boundaries (e.g. “https://“)
  • Improves layout and appearance consistency of Password Warnings and Secret Agent Action suggestions
  • Fixes a regression where clicking the Dock icon did not show the Main Window
  • Fixes the account name label displayed under the Sync menu after Google Drive authorization
  • The icon selector has been updated to fix errant highlights when using the scroll wheel
  • The icon selector now loads a heckuva lot faster and has a new layout
  • Fixes crash possible when arrowing down the Views list to Categories

Download: Mac App Store

If you purchased Codebook in the Mac App Store:

1. Visit this link on your Mac
  2. Click the “View in the Mac App Store” button
  3. It will launch the App Store app and display the Codebook page
  4. Click the Install or Update button below the Codebook icon
  5. When installation completes click the Open button, or launch Codebook from Applications or Spotlight

Download: Direct from Zetetic

If you purchased Codebook directly from Zetetic (outside the Mac App Store):

1. Download the update
  2. If Codebook is still running, quit the app
  3. Unzip the file, drag Codebook to your Mac’s Applications folder
  4. If prompted whether to replace the existing version, choose Replace
  5. Launch Codebook from Applications or Spotlight

Support

If you are having trouble updating or have any questions please get in touch with us at support@zetetic.net, or create a new topic post here on Discuss.

1 Like

Dear Bill,
Great, as allways and happy Easter from Switzerland
Franz

1 Like

Thank you, Franz, happy spring from snowy NY!

This time the download and start was going well, thank you Bill, well done.
Have a nice week
Franz

Hi, Zetetic,
I just read the update for codebook 3.6.5 and I have installed 3.6.4 on my iphone.

(1) I cant find the update procedure anymore, but I think there is somewhere a detailed process description, where ?

I am right, that the download goes to my iMac all the time followed by a synch of the don’tiPhone 6 with the iPhone ?

(2) I don’t remember if I have updated my data with you, we moved from my former address , or you don’t need that at all.

[redacted]

Hey @franzmeier

(1) I cant find the update procedure anymore, but I think there is somewhere a detailed process description, where ?

There should be a link right in the discussion post for the update which you can click to open the App Store on your device and click the “update” button. Here’s the link: Visit this link on your iOS device to download the Codebook update from the iTunes App Store.

(2) I don’t remember if I have updated my data with you, we moved from my former address , or you don’t need that at all.

I’ve updated our records (associated with your purchase of Codebook for macOS) to the new location/phone number/email address.

Please let us know if you’re able to get the Codebook for iOS 3.6.5 update alright, and if there’s anything else we can do to assist. Thanks!

Cheers,
Micah