Consistent Crash on OS X after upgrade to V3.6.0

hi, on both my macs (10.10.5), any edits to any entry results in:
Application Specific Information:
*** Terminating app due to uncaught exception ‘NSInvalidArgumentException’, reason: ‘-[NSView leadingAnchor]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x60800012c1c0’

Anyone else run into this?
TIA
Gary

Hi Gary, sorry about that. We are working on version 3.6.1 now to fix some issues and will include a fix for this as well. It appears that we used an API introduced in 10.11 when fixing up the display of autocomplete suggestion on the entry view field editor, which is what is causing the crash on 10.10.

thanks for the quick response… I’ll wait for the next update…

@gwongBC if you’d like to give it a shot, we’ve updated our macOS beta download for version 3.6.1, which includes a fix for editing on 10.10 Yosemite. It includes a handful of other minor fixes that we hope to ship very soon.

Hey guy THANX… it seems to be ok now, I report back it anything else seems glitchy :wink:

I too have the same problem as gwongBC: Codebook 3.6.0, Yosemite, edit password field, abort crash with NSInvalidArgumentException in [NSView leadingAnchor].

I installed the 3.6.1-beta as suggested you suggested and this problem went away. So there’s another datapoint. When do you expect to push 3.6.1-stable?

Hi @JFS, depending on app review either today or tomorrow.

Hi all, we’ve just released version 3.6.1 which includes a fix for this crash.

1 Like

Installed the 3.6.1-beta to get around the crashing problem in Yosemite. Now the Apple App Store thinks I don’t own a copy of Codebook and wants to charge me $19.95 for it. How to I get back into the App Store update stream?

Hi @JFS, sorry about that. I think this is probably the best way to proceed:

1. Drag the beta version of Codebook from your Applications folder to the Trash
  2. Launch the App Store app on your Mac
  3. Click on the Store menu at the top of your screen and select Sign Out
  4. Click on the Store men again and select Sign In
  5. Click on the Purchased tab
  6. Look for Codebook in the list of Purchased apps and click on the Download button

That should install the Mac App Store version of Codebook to your Applications folder, allowing you to resume using Codebook as before.

Please let us know if that helps!

You procedure did the trick. I was able to reinstall the App Store’s 3.6.1 release of Codebook, and run ti, without any problems.

Thanks

1 Like