Could not load assembly SQLite.Net.Platform.SQLCipher.XamarinAndroid. Perhaps it doesn't exist in the Mono for Android profile?

I am using a trial version of SQLCipher and trying to add SQLCipher to a Xamarin.Android project inside a dll and receive the following exception:

File name: ‘SQLite.Net.Platform.SQLCipher.XamarinAndroid.dll’
at Java.Interop.Tools.Cecil.DirectoryAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference reference, ReaderParameters parameters)
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.AddAssemblyReferences(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver, ICollection`1 assemblies, AssemblyDefinition assembly, Boolean topLevel)
at Xamarin.Android.Tasks.ResolveAssemblies.Execute(DirectoryAssemblyResolver resolver)

Is this exception caused because of the way I am trying to include SQLCipher in my project?

Hi @jruetas

Are you simply adding the SQLCipher for Xamarin Android nuget package to your application? If you could share a bit more about the steps you performed during your integration, we would be happy to help.

I have a Xamarin.Android app that includes the sqlite-net-pcl nuget package. I wanted to add the ability to backup the current non-encrypted database as an encrypted database. This is where I thought I could create a separate dll that included SQLCipher and reference that dll from my app. If there is a better way to backup an non-encrypted database to an encrypted database (SQLCipher format) please advise. If so, I would love to also be restore from an encrypted SQLCipher file.

SQLCipher was added to my library using these instructions:

https://www.zetetic.net/sqlcipher/sqlcipher-for-xamarin/

Thanks.

Hello @jruetas

We have received your separate private reply to our support channel. We will respond there to continue the conversation. Thanks!