Build failure after adding Xamarin Android component

I just added the SQLCipher Xamarin component to my Xamarin.Android project and I now receive the following error when I attempt to build the project.

/Library/Frameworks/Mono.framework/External/xbuild/Xamarin/Android/Xamarin.Android.Common.targets: Error: Exception while loading assemblies: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load assembly ‘monotouch, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=84e04ff9cfb79065’. Perhaps it doesn’t exist in the Mono for Android profile?

Does anyone have experience with this issue?

Hello @clayschick

How did you load SQLCipher for Xamarin Android into your project? Did you install it via the Xamarin Component Store?

Yes I did. I installed it via the Component Store which also installed the SQLite.Net.Core-PCL package.

Hi @clayschick

I just created a new project and integrated SQLCipher for Xamarin Android without issue. Perhaps it is a project configuration issue with your application? Would you try creating a standalone application, then adding SQLCipher for Xamarin Android to see if you experience the same or different behavior?