dotConnection Support

For those who use the dotConnect for SQLite client, support for using SQLCipher on the back end was included with their 5.2.171.0 release. Instructions for integrating dotConnect with SQLCipher can be found here.

1 Like

I am in the process of evaluating the SQLCipher for Windows .NET component. I’ve had success setting up a test VS solution which opens and queries an encrypted SQLite 3 database. Unfortunately, I have been unable to get the dotConnect for SQLite component from DevArt to open the encrypted DB (error = not a database file). According to this link at the DevArt site (https://forums.devart.com/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=39740&p=142681&hilit=sqlitecrypt#p142681), I apparently need to replace the copy of the DevArt sqllite3.dll file with one compatible with SQL Cipher. Despite searching the sqlcipher-windows-net-4.4.0.zip download, and various websites, I have been unable to locate the appropriate DLL. Is that file available from the Zetetic (or another) site by any chance? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Hello @jrnh51 - thanks for getting in touch about this. We definitely provide packages that include a .dll file which can be used as a direct replacement for sqlite3.dll. These can be found in the “SQLCipher for Windows C/C++ / SQLCipher C/C++ DLL for Windows” packages, which includes 32 and 64 bit dynamic link libraries for Windows platforms. While they are named sqlcipher.dll in the package, you can rename them to sqlite3.dll when replacing standard libraries. If you’d like to give these a try please don’t hesitate to request a trial, or let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks for your very prompt response - it sounds like the sqlcipher.dll file may be exactly what I need. I’ve submitted a request for the C/C++ for Windows package, using the link you provided. Thanks again.