IntelliJ Android compile error with v3.3.1-2

Hi guys,

I’m developing an app with SQLCipher, first I (accidently) used v2.2.whatever and everything worked fine. But I was missing some important features, so I updated to v3.3.1-2. Now I’m getting this error:

Error:Gradle: Execution failed for task ':app:dexDebug'. com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: org.gradle.process.internal.ExecException: Process 'command 'C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_60\bin\java.exe'' finished with non-zero exit value 2

I googled this error and the internet said to add multiDexEnabled true, I did this and I get this error:

Error:Gradle: Execution failed for task ':app:packageAllDebugClassesForMultiDex'. java.util.zip.ZipException: duplicate entry: net/sqlcipher/IContentObserver$Stub$Proxy.class

I’m trying to solve this issue for more than a week and didn’t find any solution and this is annoying like hell.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers

Did you remove everything from your v2.2 integration? This would include all relevant SQLCipher JARs, plus the native libraries.

Yes I did. I removed everything and added the new .jar and .sos. I also created a new empty project and added SQLCipher and there it worked totally fine…

EDIT:
Okay I got it working by simply repulling the project and rebuilding. Everything is fine now. Seemed like IntelliJ or gradle cached some files quite strange.
(But after all: shame on me by not getting this idea some days earlier)

Well, your new empty project test suggests that there’s still v2.2 stuff lingering around your original project, or possibly two copies of the new stuff. BTW, unless you’re still using Eclipse+ADT, you really should be using the AAR, rather than the old-style manual installation.