iOS app extension in Safari stopped working

Hello,

When I try to find a username/password in Codebook using the Share button in Safari or the Paypal dialog in eBay, I get an error “No URL Passed to App Extension. Please re-launch the App Extension”. This started happening a few days ago. I am on iOS 17.4 and Codebook 4.5.20. I have followed the instructions in Find in Codebook iOS App Extension Released | Zetetic to disable and properly re-enable the extension, killed and restarted both Codebook and Safari, and have also rebooted my phone. No luck. Is there a way to fix this without re-installing the app?

To be clear, this is about the original “Find in Codebook” feature, not the new autofill feature.

Thanks,

Peter

@Peter

Thanks for using Codebook and for posting this issue to the discussion forum. We were able to reproduce it and will look into it. I’ll post back here with some additional information when we determine the cause/resolution. Thanks!

@Peter

Just wanted to provide an update on this. After further investigation, this appears to be bug in Apple’s code which was introduced in iOS 17.3.x (and is still present in iOS 17.4.x). We’re submitting the bug to Apple to see about getting it fixed up on their end.

In the mean time, we’ve found a workaround which should allow Find in Codebook to operate again. The fix will be included in the next release of Codebook.

I’ll post back here when the next version is released to confirm the issue is resolved and Find in Codebook is operating again for you. Thanks!

That’s excellent news! Thank you for digging into this, and figuring out a work-around. I look forward to the next version!

Thanks!

Peter

@Peter

We’ve just released Codebook for iOS 4.5.21 which includes the workaround fix for Find in Codebook: Codebook for iOS 4.5.21 Released - Find in Codebook Fixed

When you have the opportunity, please visit the App Store on your device, download the update and let me know if it fixes the issue and allows you to use Find in Codebook again. Thanks!

@mmoore

Hello,

I’ve just done the update, and “Find” works again. I’m deeply impressed by the speed at which you fixed this :slight_smile: Yet another reason to keep recommending Codebook to everyone!

Thanks!

Peter

2 Likes

@Peter

Excellent. Glad to hear the issues is resolved and it’s working again and thank you for the kind words. Please feel free to reach out again if you have any further questions, issues, or feedback.