Lexical or Preprocessor Issue: 'openssl/XXX.h' file not found with <angled> include; use "quotes" instead

On each openssl include, I am getting the following error:

Lexical or Preprocessor Issue: 'openssl/XXX.h' file not found with <angled> include; use "quotes" instead.

Why is this error there in the first place? What can I do to get rid of it? Why don’t the files use the proper syntax to begin with?

Yes, I am searching all user paths. The files appear to be found; they preprocess is just complaining. Is there anything I’m doing wrong?

Hi @pearsosj, I’m sorry, I don’t know why you’re getting these errors. Are you using the tutorial over here? I’d suggest following the instructions there, see if you get a little farther. It has been recently updated for building SQLCipher with CommonCrypto (OpenSSL is no longer required, CommonCrypto is recommended on Apple platforms for the hardware acceleration benefits.)

Great. Thanks. I had a link to the one on the old server. The …/sqlcipher/src link fixed my project. You’re awesome. Thanks.

1 Like

Also, where is the tutorial for Android?

Hi @pearsosj

You can find the various tutorials and documentation about SQLCipher here, the SQLCipher for Android tutorial is here.