Overwrite/Restore options for Sync in Codebook 4

Hello @bobmhac - I’m sorry to hear about the continued trouble here. I wanted to let you know that we are currently working on some changes that will provide some advanced controls for the new sync system. These changes will provide a way to more directly control how the sync is working to resolve sync issues.

Version 4.1; Testers Wanted

TL;DR: We are preparing Codebook version 4.1 and looking for customers who want to get an early look at the new Operations features and provide feedback.

Hi folks,

Since early January we’ve been working on version 4.1, an update to all four of the Codebook apps (Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows) that is intended to do a few things:

• Fix several edge case bugs in the Sync system
  • Provide better error handling and recovery during Sync
  • Introduce new Advanced options for changing how Sync operates

The new sync options were created in response to feedback we received here and in the support mailbox, as well as a need to have more flexibility when helping customers address bad data and other support scenarios. They are analogous to the previous Operations feature in Codebook 3 (Sync, Overwrite, and Restore) along with a new operation called Merge.

We’re currently testing 4.1 internally here at Zetetic. We will begin external beta testing once we’re fully satisfied with our internal testing, but in the meantime we were wondering if anybody here would like to get an earlier look at the new sync operations and provide feedback? Please fill out this short Google form and we’ll be in touch as soon as we’re ready to get started.

Thanks in advance to anyone with the time to test, and thanks for all the feedback here, we really appreciate it! Hopefully this message finds you safe and healthy wherever you are.

If I can manually “delete your Codebook application data folders on desktop, reinstall, and start over” Then YOU should be able to implement a function which does that for me – that is, emulate what Restore would have done in the new system.

Thanks!

Hey @myronm

Thanks for posting with this additional feedback. The next version of Codebook (4.1.0) will include Sync Operations as discussed above. If you’d like to beta test this version before it’s released, please feel free to reach out to support@zetetic.net

We have an update out today for Codebook that we hope addresses some of the concerns reported here. We want to thank you all for your feedback and patience while we worked on it these last few months. Please let us know if you have any questions, and if the new Operations features are helpful.

1 Like