SQL cipher for Windows

My requirement is to encrypt already existing SQLite database in windows and have to use the same database in android. Is that possible using sqlcipher (http://sqlcipher.net/) ?

@rocky

Yes, we sell prebuilt SQLCipher binaries which are compatible with Windows and Android, so you’d be able to encrypt your database on Windows and the decrypt/modify it on Android. They are available for sale here: Buy SQLCipher - Zetetic

You can request a free trial prior to purchase here: SQLCipher Free Trial Request - Zetetic

My requirement is to encrypt already existing SQLite database

To encrypt an already existing SQLite database you’ll want to use the sqlcipher_export() convenience function.

Thanks. Whether all the windows package listed have command line by default

@rocky

We no longer include the SQLCipher command line with any of the prebuilt binary packages. Many of the SQLite Management Interfaces now include support for SQLCipher. Specifically we’d recommend DB Browser for SQLite: http://sqlitebrowser.org/ (on Windows there are two separate exe’s, one of which has support for SQLCipher).

@mmoore
I checked DB Browser for SQLite in below mentioned link. It does not have command line inbuilt. To encrypt the database i have to use the GUI. My requirement is to encrypt database on regular basis and using the GUI (manual) will not work.

Whether SQLCipher for ADO.NET has “ATTACH” and “sqlcipher_export()” functions that I can use to encrypt already existing database ?

@rocky

My apologies, I think I may have misunderstood your question. The GUI is typically used for examining/modifying the database during testing.

All the SQLCipher API functions (like the sqlcipher_export() function referenced) can be called internally within your application when interfacing with the SQLCipher library. The API documentation for sqlcipher_export() shows it being used on the command line just as an example.

Let me know if this clears things up.

@mmoore
Thanks for the clarification.