SQLCipher 4.5.6 is now available.
These are the primary changes to SQLCipher core:
- Updates baseline to upstream SQLite 3.44.2.
PRAGMA cipher_integrity_checkto report expected page size if invalid.
PRAGMA page_sizecompatibility with
PRAGMA cipher_page_sizeso both will operate properly on encrypted databases.
There are also a number of enhancements to the Commercial and Enterprise packages for this release:
- Important Breaking Change: Renames the packages for Windows UAP (
zetetic-sqlcipher-windows-uap) to Windows UWP (
zetetic-sqlcipher-uwp) to reflect current Microsoft Naming for the Universal Windows Platform. As a result of this change, NuGet Package References will need to be updated in dependent projects.
- Minimum packaging for UWP and Windows updated to Visual Studio 2019.
- All SQLCipher non-FIPS packages that use the OpenSSL Cryptographic Provider are now using OpenSSL 3.0.12 LTS.
- Builds are now compiled with
SQLITE_ENABLE_API_ARMORfor additional security.
- Additional improvement to .NET MAUI reference projects for wider compatibility with .NET 7 and 8.
- Updates minimum version for macOS example projects to support current Xcode requirements.
- Adjusts iOS framework code signing to avoid verification error under new versions of Xcode.
- Adds a new SQLCipher.framework for macOS.