SQLCipher 4.5.2 is now available. Please consult the full release announcement for complete details about the release.
The following summarizes the most substantial changes to SQLCipher core:
- Updates baseline to use SQLite 3.39.2. IMPORTANT: This version includes an upstream SQLite fix for CVE-2022-35737. We recommend any applications dealing with large string inputs (> 2GB) upgrade to the latest release.
- Fixes issue where
PRAGMA cipher_memory_securitycould report OFF when it was actually ON
- Fixes unfreed allocation leak when using OpenSSL version 3.x
- Simplifies OpenSSL multi-version conditional code
- Adds support for building against recent versions of BoringSSL
- Initial public beta release for the new SQLCipher for Android Refresh
In addition, this release includes several improvements for SQLCipher Commercial and Enterprise packages:
- Java and .NET library wrappers have been updated to the latest available versions.
- non-FIPS packages using OpenSSL now include the latest release of 1.1.1q
- Fixes linking for .NET MAUI iOS targets