About the SQLCipher category

Discussions about SQLCipher Full Database Encryption

Currently, my program is using two compatible libraries: “net.zetetic:android-database-sqlcipher:4.5.4” and “org.greenrobot:greendao:3.2.2” but it uses openSSL 1.1.1 has reached end of life.

To upgrade to openSSL version 3.0.10, I had to upgrade the library to “net.zetetic:sqlcipher-android:4.5.5” but it was no longer compatible with the “greendao” library because the path changed. change from “net.sqlcipher.database.SQLiteDatabase” to “net.zetetic.database.sqlcipher.SQLiteDatabase”

Is there any way to update to the old path on version 4.5.5?

Hi @nowaybk,

Zetetic does not maintain greenDAO, however, that project would need to be updated to use sqlcipher-android instead of android-database-sqlcipher. You might consider reaching out to the greenDAO organization.

Hi @developernotes , Thanks for your quick response.

Is there any way I can upgrade OpenSSL version 1.1.1t → OpenSSL version 3 in library “net.zetetic:android-database-sqlcipher:4.5.4”?

Hi @nowaybk,

You can build and assemble the package yourself as the source is still available. Alternatively, if you have an immediate commercial requirement you can contact us privately via support@zetetic.net to discuss what options are available.