Cannot restore purchase

my icloud account is different from my itunes account
i cannot restore my purchase on a different phone because there is no way that i can see to change the email linked to itunes

help pls

Hi @kylebradshaw

Thank you for using Codebook and posting to the discussion forum, although I’m sorry for the trouble with trying to restore your Codebook purchase when signed in with a separate Apple account. To properly restore your receipt, you need to be signed into the App Store using the same Apple ID as you used to originally purchase Codebook.

You should be able to switch which account you’re signed into by following these steps:

1. Visit Settings app on your device.
  2. Select iTunes & App Store.
  3. Tap your Apple ID at the top, then tap Sign out.
  4. Sign back in using the Apple ID you used to originally purchase Codebook.
  5. Restart your device.
  6. Login to Codebook.
  7. Navigate to [More] > Settings > View Purchases and tap Restore Purchases, enter your Apple ID password if prompted.
  8. Fully Restart Codebook and login again.

Let me know the results. We’re also always happy to help at support@zetetic.net if you’d like to engage privately.

I activated an older iPhone 6 running iOS 12 while my XS was being fixed and I hit this problem. I reinstalled codebook after I got my XS back and it was able to restore the purchase so I’m thinking it was an iOS compatibility thing? ¯_(ツ)_/¯

@kylebradshaw

Glad to hear it’s working again after getting your iPhone XS back. Codebook currently supports back to iOS 9, so it shouldn’t restrict you from being able to restore on the iPhone 6 running iOS 12. My guess is some wires got crossed about which Apple ID it was trying to restore purchases from (i.e. it was attempting to restore from your Apple ID which hadn’t purchased Codebook). Please feel free to reach out again if you have any further questions, issues, or feedback.