Lost previous passwords

When Codebook appeared on my iPhone I did not recognize it and deleted it and lost all my passwords. How do ingest them back. Can someone help?
Thx
Martin

Hello @asplundmj

I’m so very sorry to hear about the trouble. We did try to communicate the name change via email, Twitter and our website, but were somewhat hampered by not having email addresses for some users who purchased through the app stores. I’m really very sorry to hear that this change resulted in the deletion of the app.

Have you been backing up using Desktop, Google Drive, Dropbox, iCloud, or iTunes? If so, it may be possible to restore your data, provided you have a recent backup. Here are the instructions for various scenarios:

Restore Using iCloud

If you are using iCloud, your device is automatically backed up while on WiFi, making it possible to restore from a loss of data. This process will erase any data from other applications that was not in the last iCloud backup, and the restore process isn’t without some risk. If you’re want to try the iCloud restore, you would need to wipe / reset your phone as described here. You should do this quickly because all backups are overwritten daily when your device is on Wifi. The entire process is well documented here:

https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521?locale=en_US

Restore from Codebook Desktop

If you are using the Codebook desktop application and have recently synced you may be able to restore:

1. Install a fresh copy of from the App Store, run it, and make sure you set it up with the same password you were using before
  2. Make sure Codebook Desktop is running on your desktop computer, and that you have logged into it
  3. Launch Codebook on the device, go to the “Sync” tab, set the “Operation” to “Restore” and the “Mode” to “Desktop WIFI”.
  4. Tap to start the sync
  5. Switch the Operation back to Sync when complete and verify data.

Restore from Dropbox or Google Drive

If you use the Dropbox or Google Drive Sync features to sync your data up to your cloud account, you can replace the
data in your current database with the data from the time of your last sync:

1. Install a fresh copy of Codebook from the App Store, run it, and make sure you set it up with the same password you were using before
  2. Launch Codebook on the device, go to the “Sync” tab, set the “Operation” to “Restore” and the “Mode” to “Dropbox” or Google Drive.
  3. Tap the Start Sync button to start the Restore
  4. Switch the Operation back to Sync when complete and verify data.

Restore Using iTunes

As a last resort, iTunes may automatically back up data on your device when you sync your device (this is not automatic when using iCloud). Thus, it may be possible to restore from an iTunes backup. Please note this process will erase any data from other applications that was not in the last iTunes backup, and the restore process isn’t without some risk.

1. On the computer you use to sync your device, go to: iTunes → Preferences → Devices, Check “Disable automatic syncing for all iPhones and iPods.”
  2. Now connect your device to your computer and it should show up in iTunes.
  3. Choose File > Devices > Back up. Or if you’re using iTunes 10.7 or earlier, right-click—or Control-click—the device and choose “Restore from Backup.”
  4. On the following screen, verify the Backup Date is recent enough that you will not loose important data
  5. If you are sure you want to proceed, continue with the restore.
  6. After the restore, verify that your data is back, then turn “automated syncing” back on

Please let us know if this helps restore your data. Thanks!