Issue recovering my data

Hi all, I’ve been using codebook in one device only and backup using Dropbox cloud service. Today I’ve reset my phone, reinstalled codebook in the same device. However I’m not able to recover the password entries I’ve backup previously due to mismatch of sync key (I forgotten the sync key). Is there any workaround for this? Please advise. Thanks

Hi Terence,

Do you have access to an iCloud backup you could use to Restore your iPhone to a state from before the reset? I realize you probably reset the device for a reason and that this is not ideal, but if we could get an iCloud backup restored onto your iPhone, we could pull up the Sync Key and save a hard copy of it before you reset the device again.

To check for an iCloud backup:

1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone
  2. Tap on the top item, “Apple ID, iCloud, Media & Purchases”
  3. Tap on iCloud
  4. Tap on Manage Storage

There any backups should be listed named after the device’s previous (or current) name, and if you tap on them, each should list a date it was taken. If there is one from before your reset, we should be able to use these instructions to your restore the device from that backup.

If there’s no backup available in iCloud, did you by any chance backup the device on a Mac, using Finder (or iTunes on older Macs)?

The data in your Dropbox account is encrypted with the Sync Key, without that it cannot be decrypted.

Regards,
Billy Gray

P.S. I just realize I’m assuming we’re talking about an iPhone here–would this be an Android device instead?