Today we are releasing Codebook 4.2, a minor version update with some fairly major improvements. Most notably:
- Dark Mode on Android and iOS
- An updated Add Field control and refreshed Preferences window on macOS
- A new dedicated Updates tab in Preferences for macOS and Windows
- A new Help → Check for Updates menu item on Windows
However, there’s one new addition present on all four of the apps (Android, iOS, macOS, and Windows): a new Website Rules option for the Password Generator. Previously, Codebook’s Password Generator supported creating four types of random passwords:
- Random (upper, lower, decimal, symbols)
- Alpha-Numeric (upper, lower, decimal)
The Random type does a good job generating strong, secure passwords, but many websites have requirements that thwart their use. One of the most typical requirements is that a password have at least 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase, 1 decimal, and 1 symbol characters. The new Website Rules type will keep generating random passwords until it has got one for you that meets those criteria.
We hope you find the Website Rules option useful: please let us know what you think!