We are currently beta testing version 4.2.0 of Codebook. It’s compatible with 4.1.0, and makes several improvements to each of the four apps, most notably:
- Dark Mode on Android and iOS
- An updated Add Field control and refreshed Preferences window on macOS
- A new dedicated Updates tab in Preferences for macOS and Windows
- A new Help → Check for Updates menu item on Windows
We’ve got another exciting addition to make to this version, across all four apps, that will be available in the next beta updates starting today: a new option for the Password Generator called Website Rules.
Currently Codebook’s Password Generator supports providing four types of random passwords:
- Random (upper, lower, decimal, symbols)
- Alpha-Numeric (upper, lower, decimal)
The Random type does a good job generating strong, secure passwords, but many websites have requirements that thwart their use. One of the most typical requirements is that a password have at least 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase, 1 decimal, and 1 symbol characters. The new Website Rules type will keep generating random passwords until it has got one for you that meets those criteria.
We hope you find the Website Rules option useful: please let us know what you think!
If you would like to beta test Codebook, please send us an email, and let us know which platforms you use as well.