Codebook 5 version 4178 / 4179

Email today (March 4th) lists latest version as 4179.

— macOS Codebook is 4179.
— iOS/iPadOS Codebook is 4178.

What should the correct version be?

@Stan.L

Thanks for best testing and posting to the discussion forum.

The latest Codebook for iOS beta version is 4179. Would you try launching TestFlight on your device and see if it offers an update for Codebook for iOS build 4179?

The version TestFlight originally downloaded was 4178. Rebooted iOS & reran TestFlight, but no new version was offered.

@Stan.L

Do you have multiple iOS devices? I just took a look at the TestFlight listing for you on our end and it shows that you’ve installed 4179.

Within TestFlight, are you selecting Codebook to view the details (as opposed to just viewing it in the list of available apps)? If not, would you try that out and see if it offers you to update to 4179 from the details screen?

Let me know if that allows you to install 4179. Thanks!

I have the beta installed on multiple devices. The version offered on iOS was 4178.

I was opening the updated version of the Codebook app from TestFlight folder in the App Library screen. The TestFlight notice would display, on first launch. I had never had an issue getting the latest versiom before this.

Today, the same process offered me 4179, which I installed.

I will visit the TestFlight app in the future for updates.

@Stan.L

Excellent. Glad to hear you were able to download the update alright. Usually the update propagates relatively fast to TestFlight, but it sounds like it took a good amount longer for you.

The TestFlight notice would display, on first launch. I had never had an issue getting the latest versiom before this.

Typically you should get a notification banner mentioning that a new build is available (assuming that you have notifications enabled for TestFlight). You can also adjust the “Automatically Update Apps” within TestFlight itself so new updates will be automatically installed when they are available. There are instructions for how to adjust that setting here: https://testflight.apple.com (under the Managing automatic updates section). It sounds like you may already have the automatic updates enabled, but the update just didn’t propane too fast for this one.

Thank you for your support. I did have automatic updates enabled. It was probably delayed somewhere in TestFlight…