Our latest version of Codebook for iOS is fully compatible with iOS 12, and includes two pretty significant changes:
- Password AutoFill support for iOS 12
- Free Trials via In-App Purchase (don’t freak out, read on!)
Password AutoFill is a new feature in iOS 12 that allows you log into websites (and apps) with passwords stored either in your iOS device’s Keychain, or your favorite password manager, Codebook! Here is a quick demo of it in action:
The Password AutoFill feature requires iOS 12; if you cannot upgrade just yet, check out Find in Codebook.
Alright, here’s what’s going on with the In-App Purchases: we are not switching to a “freemium” model (what a loathsome portmanteau!) Instead, Codebook will be free to try before you buy, and everyone who’s already bought the app is grandfathered in.
Until now Codebook for iOS has been available to download for an up-front purchase of $9.99. Starting with version 3.6.0, we’ll be making the app free to download, and free to use for two weeks, after which an In-App Purchase of Codebook Pro is required to unlock the editing and sync capabilities. Codebook Pro is a one-time purchase of $9.99, additional purchases are not required to use it with more than one device as long as you are using the same Apple ID in the App Store.
If you purchased Codebook for iOS before version 3.6.0, you are exempt from our use of In-App Purchases, because you paid up-front for the app, sight unseen, cash on the barrel, without even being able to try it first! We remain deeply grateful for your support. You will not be prompted to make an In-App Purchase, but you can see your grandfathered license status on the Settings view.
Changes in this version:
- Free to download as noted above
- Adds new Codebook Pro In-App Purchase for new customers
- Adds support for iOS 12, fixing various layout issues across device sizes
- Adds new Password AutoFill support
- Improves login view layout
- Fixes margin and separator layout issues on the Database Info view
- Fixes Search view animation bug when returning to search results from a selected result
- Fixes failure to properly reschedule sync reminder notification after a successful sync
- Fixes biometric authentication name referenced on Touch ID and Face ID errors when either becomes unavailable (no more “(null)”)
- Fixes not removing section header in partitioned entries list when deleting last entry in last section of table
Visit this link on your iOS device to download Codebook from the iTunes App Store.
As always, please let us know if you’re having a problem with the software or have any feedback. If you like Codebook and you’re pleased with our progress, please consider giving us a rating or a review in the iTunes App Store, they help quite a bit!