Codebook for macOS 4.5.16 is available now.
We’ve been on the look-out for lantern flies this summer! While we are busily preparing to start the Codebook 5 beta test, we’ve had some bug fix updates brewing for our version 4.x production releases. In today’s update to Codebook for macOS, we’ve got several minor bug fixes and a couple major ones (in particular for Password AutoFill on macOS Ventura). Also, see below for some info on the upcoming Codebook 5 beta test and automatic sync feature!
- Fixes Password AutoFill interface responsiveness in recent versions of macOS Ventura
- Fixes error reported when enabling Password AutoFill in System Settings on recent versions of macOS Ventura
- Adjusts Add Field menu item and shortcut to Add Attachment when the Attachments tab of an Entry is selected
- Adjusts Remove Field menu item and shortcut to Remove Attachment when the Attachments tab of an Entry is selected
- Fixes enabled state of Field-related menu items when the Attachments tab of an Entry is selected
- Ensures Magnify window is closed on application lock
- Enables retry for canceled tasks during Dropbox sync if user did not cancel, max 5 attempts.
We are preparing to start beta testing Codebook 5, which features a brand new, automatic sync service we are calling Codebook Cloud. Unlike the current sync services, you never have to remember to kick it off, it just works. All data stored in Codebook Cloud is encrypted with the Sync Key.
We’ll have more details available soon along with a formal beta announcement, but I wanted to mention it here for any of our macOS customers who actually read the release notes Anybody who signs up to help beta test will be given a pretty nice discount on the service once it goes live (access to Codebook Cloud will require a subscription).