Update: There was a bug in the initial 4.3.0 release for Mac that resulted in Codebook’s Password AutoFill extension not propagating to System Preferences > Extensions as expected. We’ve already got a fix in version 4.3.1, which is out now for direct download customers, and will be available in the Mac App Store momentarily.
We’re excited to announce the release of Codebook for macOS 4.3.0 today.
This release includes compatibility and interface adjustments for macOS Big Sur. It also implements the new Password AutoFill feature available in Big Sur.
This post explains how to enable and use Password AutoFill:
Database Location Has Changed
The location of the encrypted database file Codebook manages inside your Home folder on your Mac is changing in version 4.3.0 to enable us to support the new Password AutoFill capability on macOS Big Sur. The new path for the database location is here:
Please update any scripts or jobs you have that depend on the old
Complete list of changes in this build:
- Updates interface for macOS 11 Big Sur
- Adds support for Password AutoFill on Big Sur (Enabled via System Preferences > Extensions)
- Drops support for macOS older than 10.12
- Fixes improper reload of the current Suggestion on the Password Generator when changing keyboard focus (Thanks, Richard G.)
- Corrects keyboard shortcut hint for the “Show Password Generator…” option on the Fields table context menu
- Updates the Password Generator to reload the Suggestion if it contains a character added to the Exclude field
- Fixes crash that could occur if Codebook encountered an error during Local Folder Sync
Downloading the Update
We have instructions available for downloading the latest version on your platform. If you are having trouble getting the update, please get in touch.