Codebook for OS X Update - 3.0.7

This is a patch release for Codebook for OS X. Version 3.0.6, which we released on Monday, has a bug affecting users on OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) and OS X Mavericks (10.9) that crashes the Main Window. Our apologies. Download this version to get back in business.

Downloading the Update

If you purchased Codebook (or STRIP) in the Mac App Store:

1. Visit this link on your Mac
  2. Click the “View in the Mac App Store” button
  3. It will launch the App Store app and display the Codebook page
  4. Click the Install or Update button below the Codebook icon
  5. When installation completes click the Open button, or launch Codebook from Applications or Spotlight

If you purchased Codebook (or STRIP) from Zetetic directly:

1. Download the update
  2. Unzip the file, drag Codebook to your Mac’s Applications folder
  3. If STRIP is in the Applications folder, drag it to the Trash
  4. Launch Codebook from Applications or Spotlight

Important Note: If an update is not available, please verify that you are running Codebook and not the older STRIP or Strip Sync program, which is no longer supported.

Hi, I may not have made my issue clear so I will try to in this post.
I do not have STRIP on my mac. The STRIP app is on my iPhone and I also have it on my iPad. I was able to download and install the update which changed STRIP to Codebook on the iPhone. However, when I conduct a data backup of my phone to iTunes, the app is still called STRIP. I have now solved this issue on my own and I can explain how so if someone else needs to. I opened up my iTunes on my macbook pro and without connecting my iPhone to the mac, I chose the Apps tab (default is Music - use the down arrow to get to Apps) once there I was provided with an option of updating all of the apps. The update for STRIP was available and my app on the mac successfully updated the app and it is now called Codebook.

1 Like

Hi @Iris,

I just saw the support ticket from yesterday, sorry that we misunderstood. iTunes will backup whatever is on your iPhone, the apps included, when you start a backup. It would keep showing up with the old app name in iTunes until iTunes is instructed to update the backed-up app binary with the latest version in the store.

If you have any other issues please let us know!