Codebook Update Weirdness Between Accounts On Windows 11 (home)

Hey there, Codebook wizards! Me again…

My wife and I share a laptop. It is a Windows 11 box, and both of our accounts are administrators. We both use Codebook. When updates come along, I update on my side and all (as I seem to recall) goes well. On her account, the update notification comes up each time she opens Codebook, but when she clicks through, she gets the “Modify/Repair/Remove” dialog. We use “modify”, select something silly like “install all on hard drive” and let it do its thing. Then, next time she pops on, it tells her she has an update again, and it’s the same ol’ story. Canceling and opening to check her instantiation of Codebook shows she’s up to date. We’ve even tried “Repair”. I think I installed individually on each account rather than “install for everyone” (don’t rightly recall - it’s been a while, and this is a fairly recent occurrence, though I cannot pinpoint when it started.)

Help?

Particulars:
Windows
|Edition|Windows 11 Home|
|Version|22H2|
|Installed on|‎10/‎7/‎2022|
|OS build|22621.1702|
|Serial Number| |
|Experience|Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22641.1000.0|

Machine
|Device name|LAPTOP-|
|Processor|11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz 2.42 GHz|
|Installed RAM|8.00 GB (7.79 GB usable)|
|Device ID||
|Product ID||
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
|Pen and touch|Touch support with 10 touch points|

Hey @pbabcock ,
Thanks for sending this report over, that is quite strange. I would like to check the log on your wife’s installation/profile to look more into this. Can you contact us at support@zetetic.net so I can give you some instructions on grabbing the log, thanks!

Cheers,
Don

I’ve sent a support request with all of the details and troubleshooting steps I’ve already taken.