Deleting entries in iOS version of Codebook

I’m a longtime user of Codebook, but a simplistic user. How do I delete entries on the phone? The answer I saw on deletion only referred to the the desktop application.

It’s easy. With the Entry displayed, long press it. Delete entry is on the popup menu.

L W “Dan” Danz
Overland Park KS

Thanks, Dan. I got to the popup menu, so that’s an advance, but it only offered copy or move, not delete.

Hi @fran

Thanks for your support of Codebook and for posting to the discussion forum, although I’m sorry to hear about the trouble discovering how to delete entries on Codebook for iOS.

There are a couple of different ways you can delete an Entry on iOS:

Option 1: Swipe on Entries list

When displaying the list of Entries in a category or another view (other than the Favorites View) you can swipe right to left on the row of the Entry you’d like to delete which will display a red box on the right hand side with a button to tap to delete the target entry. Alternatively, you can swipe right to left further on the row and it will trigger the delete action.

Option 2: Delete from Entry details view

When displaying the Entry details, you can bring it into edit mode and at the bottom of the screen there is a delete button which you can tap to delete the Entry

Let me know if these allow you to delete Entries on Codebook for iOS. Thanks!

That’s fabulous, and really I should have tried it, since it’s a standard way to delete. Many thanks.

1 Like

@fran

Absolutely. Glad I could help.