How can I purge old entries?

I’ve been using Codebook for so long I’m sure a lot of entries at this point are stale and inconsequential.

Is there any batch process or anything I can do to remove these old entries or at least get some visibility into maybe which entries have not been accessed or updated in a long time so I can clean up my book?

Hi @kylebradshaw

Thank you for your longtime support of Codebook and for reaching out with this question.

The Codebook desktop applications include a History view (accessed from the left-hand pane) which groups all your Entries by the last dates they were updated. The groupings are:

• Within last 30 days
  • Older than 30 days
  • Older than 60 days
  • Older than 180 days
  • Older than a year

You could use the History view to view Entries which haven’t been edited within he desired timeframe and then determine which ones are no longer needed and delete them right from the history view.

If you don’t already have one of the Codebook Desktop applications we offer 14-day free trials here: Codebook Password Manager and Data Vault - Zetetic which you could sync your Codebook data over to, use the history view to delete any old/stale entries, then sync back to your mobile devices.

Let me know if this is helpful and if there’s anything else I can do to assist. Thanks!

exactly what I was looking for thanks, all this time I never noticed it. my bad!

1 Like

@kylebradshaw

No worries at all. Glad I could help. Please feel free to reach out again if you have any further questions, issues, or feedback.

Have a nice day!