Feature Request: Symantec "VIP Access" import to TOTP

I know this is a long shot, but it can’t hurt to ask :slight_smile:

A lot of financial services user Symantec’s “VIP Access” app which is a layer over TOTP. It’s possible to generate TOTP-compatible codes according to this GitHub - dlenski/python-vipaccess: A free software implementation of Symantec's VIP Access application and protocol page.

I’d happily pay for an upgrade version that had support for this built-in!

1 Like

Hi @libelle,

Thanks for the feature request, we appreciate it!

We would very much like to improve TOTP/OTP Auth support for Codebook, it’s on our list of things to look at once we get through the current beta for Codebook Cloud. Currently, the feature only supports a six-digit code with a thirty second period and SHA1 digest (the most basic TOTP code). In updating the feature we would like to make it easier to store a otpauth:// scheme URL and the various options that can be present (e.g. 7 digit code, longer period, etc) rather than just a secret key for the basic TOTP type like it does now.

I’m not sure when we’re getting to that just yet, but when we do, we will take a look at some of the other token types available in business and enterprise environments like VIP Access (RSA SecurID comes to mind as well). Not promising anything here, but I’m adding it to our list of things to look at.

Thanks again!

1 Like