Tumblr Secret Key

I’m setting up 2FA for Tumblr and their only options are using Google Authenticator via QR code. I’m not finding anywhere to get the secret code for Codebook. Anyone else came across this?

Hi @TheMadCow

Thanks for your support of Codebook and for posting on the discussion forum.

You should be able to scan the QR Code provided by Tumblr using the Codebook for iOS app. Create a new TOTP field on the Tumblr entry, go into edit the TOTP field, then tap “Scan QR Code”. You’ll be prompted to authorize Codebook to use your camera if you’ve never done so before, then scan the QR code provided and it should generate the TOTP code after you save.

Let me know the results. Thanks!

Doh. That was a noob move. I had no idea the TOTP function could access the camera like that. Once again, you guys rock.

@TheMadCow

Awesome. Glad to hear you were able to get it setup alright and thanks for the kind words.

I had no idea the TOTP function could access the camera like that.

There are definitely some features of Codebook that aren’t as visible as we’d like them to be, and we plan on improving upon that in the future.

Please feel free to reach out again if you have any further questions, issues, or feedback. Thanks!