Field dropdown not rendered

I’m using codebook for windows 4.5.14.0 on windows 11. Sometimes when I need to edit or add an entry the field type dropdown does not render. I can change the value using the keyboard by focusing the text input and using shift+tab followed by up and down arrows.

I found that I can terminate codebook.exe and restart it one or two times and the problem will be resolved.

This additional symptom may be related or simply coincidental:
I leave my computer on and idle throughout the day. Sometimes when I revisit my computer there are multiple codebook icons in the system tray. Mousing over one will cause it to disappear. But I often find that when I want to restart codebook to resolve the dropdown issue, when I right click the remaining icon I am not presented with the context menu that contains Exit Codebook. I can still double click it to open codebook. When this happens I must terminate the codebook.exe process in the task manager.

Hello @evan2048,

Thank you for your report, we are investigating this issue. One question: does this behavior ever occur when Windows has not locked previously, or does it always occur for you after returning from unlocking Windows which was previously running?

Sorry I missed the reply. I only have the problem when the computer has been running. And the computer auto locks. It is safe to say that the computer was locked before each time encountering the problem.

Hi @evan2048,

Thanks for the follow-up. We have continued to investigate the issue and will include a small change in our next public release that we anticipate will address this for users. Thank you for the confirmation around locking of Windows.