How to re-create OAuth client?

How can I re-create OAuth client? When I try to sync I get following error message:

Google
401. That’s an error.

Error: deleted_client

The OAuth client was deleted.

Request Details
That’s all we know.

I use Codebook Version 3.0.2 (326) on OS X 10.11.6 (15G1004).
Thank you.

This beta release solves this issue: https://discuss.zetetic.net/t/codebook-for-macos-3-0-14-build-388-restore-drive-access-new-import-export-improvements/1636
Thank you.

Hi @woody,

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved by the new release. Just wanted to chime in and mention that we’ve released the non-beta version as well. Here’s the post with how to get it depending on where you purchased Codebook: Codebook for macOS Version 3.0.14 Released

Cheers,
Micah

I have the same issue, but am running 10.9.5. The broken version has updated onto my machine, but the “fixed” version and the beta version both refuse to run under 10.9.5. I deleted the version I had and re-downloaded the “latest” version for my version of 10.9.5 that it let me, but that is the broken version. How do I get a working version for 10.9.5? I now have a broken Codebook and no way I can find of getting it working again without upgrading the system software (which may require me to buy a new computer…). By the way, the version on my iPhone now seems to be unable to find this location for desktop syncing, too.

Hi @oceanic, sorry about the trouble.

The client ID (an identifier for our app generated by Google for authorization purposes) was mistakenly deleted by one of our developers. To address this we immediately created a new release with a new valid client ID for Google Drive sync to work, since all existing versions were built with the old client ID and were unable to sync with Google Drive.

We no longer support versions of macOS (née OS X) lower than 10.10. We do still have Codebook version 3.0.9 available to download, that was the last version to support 10.8 and 10.9. However, because it was built with the old Google Drive client ID (the one that was deleted), it will no longer sync to Google Drive.

If you cannot update OS X to 10.10 you won’t be able to run later versions of Codebook on your Mac past version 3.0.9 and resume syncing with Google Drive. You could choose another sync method, Dropbox or Desktop WiFi might be the way to go.

By the way, the version on my iPhone now seems to be unable to find this location for desktop syncing, too.

I’m not sure exactly what the problem is, but we do have a trouble-shooting guide for WiFi sync: