STRIP and iOS 8 [Touch ID and app Extensions]

Hi, I have a few questions about iOS 8 features about STRIP:

1. Are you going to update STRIP to allow TouchID compatibility for secure logins? That’d be great!

2. Based on the new iOS 8 features like Safari Extensions, are you planning to introduce some sort of login with data stored in STRIP databases? (for ex.: 1Password allows a 1-click login on every website with info previously stored in it’s database)

3. [Not related to iOS] You should think of another brand name to STRIP. That word make my friends come up with jokes about the “erotic” connotation, every time they look into my iPhone. :smiley:

Cheers and kudos for the good work!

Squillace

@Squillace Hi Luis,

Thanks for asking and sorry for the delayed reply here, there’s a lot going on with STRIP development-wise. We’ve received a ton of email over the last week about the possibility of using Touch ID and/or a sharing/action Extension for STRIP, you’re definitely not alone in asking.

We’re not ready to announce any new features yet, we prefer to wait until they’re ready to rumble. However, I can tell you we’re looking quite closely at Touch ID and app Extensions in iOS 8 and see a few different ways we can make good use of these features.

Security of your data is a paramount concern for us, so we’re not going to rush it. In addition, any new features we introduce in this regard should be functional for customers who do not wish to use Touch ID or any form of biometric identification.

You should think of another brand name to STRIP. That word make my friends come up with jokes about the “erotic” connotation, every time they look into my iPhone.

We think about this a lot, I think that’s all we’re ready to say about it right now :wink:

This is one of the reasons that i hide app in folder not on front page although I use it frequently. Please, give it more polite name in text update :smiley: (thanks)

1 Like

And where is the problem? Some other applications have option to turn on/off Touch ID identification so that user can choose which log-in option is better for them.