Automatic Sync Between google Drive macOs<>iOS

Hi, I was curious if the Google Drive sync is supposed to be automatic with iOS if you have the same sync key set up. I often find that I need to manually push a sink through the settings either on my computer or my iOS device, say start sync, and then do the same thing on the other device for it to pull down the updates, is it supposed to function as an automatic sink that once an entry is added on one device, it will automatically be populated on the other? If not is the only option to have automatic sync to two or more devices on google drive?, If we did a local storage to iCloud would that resolve the issue?

Thanks,

Ian

Hi @Ian_Grant

Thank you for your support of Codebook and for posting to the discussion forum with these questions. I’ll be happy to help.

I was curious if the Google Drive sync is supposed to be automatic with iOS if you have the same sync key set up. I often find that I need to manually push a sink through the settings either on my computer or my iOS device, say start sync, and then do the same thing on the other device for it to pull down the updates, is it supposed to function as an automatic sink that once an entry is added on one device, it will automatically be populated on the other?

No, it is not automatic. You’ll need to manually trigger a sync with Google Drive from your devices. There’s some additional information about syncing along with how to trigger a sync on each device here: Codebook Help - Getting Started with Sync

If not is the only option to have automatic sync to two or more devices on google drive?, If we did a local storage to iCloud would that resolve the issue?

We’re not planning on adding iCloud sync support to Codebook at this time, but we are currently beta testing the next major version of Codebook – Codebook 5 – which includes Codebook Cloud Automatic sync. I believe this functionality is right inline with your request. If you’re interested in trying out the beta, you can fill out this short form here: Codebook Help - Codebook Beta Signup and we’ll reach out with further information to begin beta testing.

We’ve gotten good feedback from the beta so far and it’s been very stable.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!

Cheers,
Micah