Can't build from source, need .so files for Android project

I don’t know if there are precompiled .so files that I can use for my project, if there is could someone let me know where I can find them for v3.5.7? I followed the guide here (https://www.zetetic.net/sqlcipher/sqlcipher-for-android/) and tried to build from source. I can execute make init without issues, but when I try to run make I get the following errors:

/Users/mpellegrino/Documents/android-database-sqlcipher/jni/net_sqlcipher_database_SQLiteCompiledSql.cpp:76:33: error: use of undeclared
identifier 'malloc’
char message = (char) malloc(strlen(query) + 50);
^
/Users/mpellegrino/Documents/android-database-sqlcipher/jni/net_sqlcipher_database_SQLiteCompiledSql.cpp:83:9: error: use of undeclared
identifier 'free’
free(message);
^
2 errors generated.
make[1]: *** [/Users/mpellegrino/Documents/android-database-sqlcipher/obj/local/armeabi/objs/sqlcipher/net_sqlcipher_database_SQLiteCompiledSql.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/Users/mpellegrino/Documents/android-database-sqlcipher/jni’
make: *** [build-native-32] Error 2

and the .so files are not generated. I am using ndk version r11c, which was recommended in the read me but it’s not working.

Hi @mpellegrino

It sounds like you found our SQLCipher for Android tutorial, would you mind trying the community edition integration at the top of that article? The AAR project reference makes integration rather quick, without the need to build from source.

I did do that originally (adding the AAR project reference in the build.gradle file) but still got a “.so” not found error at runtime. I’ve redone this though and am now not seeing any issues. I’m not sure what the difference is between this time and last time but I think I am good to go now! Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi @mpellegrino

We are glad to hear everything is working well for you now. Take care!