Codebook 4.0 for iPhone and Sync Key

Multiple issues: 1.) Can’t add a device from WordList when the Sync Key was create as a QR key. (My PC doesn’t have a camera.
2.). My iPhone is on 3.6 and no Zetetic option for upgrade. Do we all need to ‘re-purchase’ 4.0 from the App Store?
3.) Documentation and upgrade steps did not have good ‘heads up’ documentation and tech support.

Hey @dokoenig

Thanks very much for using Codebook and posting to the discussion forum, although I’m sorry for the disruption when updating.

I’ll address your questions inline below:

1.) Can’t add a device from WordList when the Sync Key was create as a QR key. (My PC doesn’t have a camera.

You can display your Word List at any time on a device that has your Sync Key established. To do this please use these instructions: Codebook Help - Sync Key Word List

2.). My iPhone is on 3.6 and no Zetetic option for upgrade. Do we all need to ‘re-purchase’ 4.0 from the App Store?

The Codebook 4 on iOS version was release to the App Store on Wednesday. It’s a free update and you shouldn’t have to re-purchase at all. Can you try launching the App Store on your device and searching for Codebook Password Manager and seeing if version 4 appears there? There should be an update button next to it where you can update. If you don’t see the update, sometimes restarting you device will help.

3.) Documentation and upgrade steps did not have good ‘heads up’ documentation and tech support.

There’s additional documentation here: Codebook Help and there are help buttons on some of the interfaces during setup (which direct you to some of the documentation pages).

We’re always happy to help though if you’d like to post any questions to the discussion forum here or write us at support@zetetic.net

Let me know if you’re able to get updated to Codebook 4, import your Sync Key and if you have any further questions or issues. Thanks!

My comments in red….inline.

DK

@dokoenig

Thanks for the response

I have the WordList printed out – your software keeps asking for the QR key.

Just to clarify, you’re using Codebook for Windows to attempt to import your Sync Key, correct?

If so you, you should be presented with the Setup Sync Key screen after logging in where you can choose “Yes” (I already have a Sync Key) and then the next window should ask you how you’d like to import it, at which point you can click “Enter Word List”. I’ve included a couple of screenshots below:

Enter_Word_List

Enter_Word_List_Entry

Let me know if this allows you to import your Sync Key using the Word List. Thanks!

Micah:
Yes, this was helpful….and my 3 different “platforms” are all on 4.0 — and in sync. That was rough for a while, and glad this conversion is over.

Thanks for your timely responses. I think I now understand how the redesign of the sync works.

DK

DK,

Glad to hear you’re up and running.

Please don’t hesitate to contact us again if you have any further questions, issues, or feedback.

Cheers,
Micah