We’re pleased to announce the availability of Codebook for Windows 3.0.5, which includes several improvements and bug fixes.
Most importantly, one of the critical issues fixed in this version is a problem that prevents Codebook from automatically notifying you than an upgrade is available and launching the installation process. Unfortunately, as a result, it is necessary to download and install the newest version from the website here:
For security purposes, this installer package is digitally signed by Zetetic LLC so that you can verify this is a legitimate and authentic upgrade. During installation you will see the following signature verification:
After installation you can locate the version of Codebook for Windows you are running within the Help → About menu. Once you upgrade to 3.0.5 you will be properly notified of all future updates.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience resulting from this one-time manual upgrade process. If you run into any issues updating Codebook for Windows, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, we would be glad to help resolve the issue.
Finally, for reference, the full list of improvements and bug fixes included in version 3.0.5 follows:
- Fix: Restore last selected entry upon login
- Fix: Search results select the first entry for display again
- Fix: Allow Ctrl + c hotkey within fields list of secret agent for copying value to clipboard
- Fix: Easier selection of back button icon within secret agent fields list
- Fix: Import/export feature includes note entries
- Fix: Soft wrapping of standard entry notes
- Fix: Correct typo in tour page
- Add: Additional systray context menu items
- Update: Recents entry list is updated when user interacts with fields of an entry or enters edit mode
- Update: Rename login shortcut to “Codebook Secret Agent”
- Update: Minor adjustments to application theming