Codebook Secret Agent question

I just watched one of your demo videos on Vimeo, and I’m confused. If you have navigated to a website that you want to log into, you must press the keyboard shortcut, then type the name of the relevant Codebook entry, even though you’re already on the site. Does it not have automatic URL matching for entries? It seems like a lot more work (typing) compared to the competition. If that’s true, I couldn’t recommend it to my mom; she wouldn’t have the patience for it. :frowning:

Hello @wmcb80

We certainly appreciate your feedback and understand your concern. Secret Agent does not currently inspect the browser (or other running processes) to determine it’s current URL or other contents. Many of our users prefer the separation provided by Codebook from the browser environment which some consider insecure. That said, we do appreciate the feedback and understand the user experience could be improved upon, this is certainly something on our radar. I cannot comment as to the changes we may make in the future, but I want you to know your concerns are valid and shared.

Excellent! I can see the value in both approaches. That’s why I would hope that if you do implement URL matching, it could be turned on and off, so that those who prefer the current approach can keep it, and those who prefer something more automatic can have that too. Then it’s a win for everyone, including Zetetic. :slight_smile:

I completely agree on having the separation of Codebook and the browser.

I would not want Secret Agent to inspect the browser (or other running processes) to determine it’s current URL or other contents.

Having the option could be insure since it would likely need to use JavaScript to find the url contents, then there edge cases like sub domains which may or may not need different logins.

Also it would annoying if there multiple logins for a site.