CSV Export error in Codebook 3.0.1.0

Hi, I am currently running Codebook for Windows 3.0.1.0. and when I tried running a CSV export of the database and I got the following error: “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” and I’m not able to export the data. I ran an integrity check of my database and it comes back with no errors. I have been able to do CSV exports successfully before the update to Codebook. Has anyone else encountered this error?

I’d like to add that I’m running Windows 10 pro x64 for an OS, just in case that helps.

Thanks

I just tried an export with Codebook and it processed for a bit and then failed. I am running on Mac OSx 10.9.5 (Mavericks) Codebook v3.0.1 (321) from the Apple Store. I got an error “Coodebook quit Unexpectedly” and the GUI went away (the error window offered to allow me to send the error to Apple which I did. I then checked if the actual file got created. The file was there but only contained one row, the header row.

Thanks for trying it on the Mac version. So at least I’m not the only one getting an error. I tried the export again to see if I also get a file, and after I get the “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” error. it also produces an export file, however it only has 23 rows of data, vs the over 177 rows that it should have. I also noticed that Codebook continues to indicate on the bottom right corner that it’s working on the export even at I get the error and it produces the file.

Hello @Cthulhu/@stripet

We have identified an issue within the CSV export process on both the OS X and Windows side, the fix will be included in the next release. Thank you for your patience.

Thank you for your quick response at looking into the issue. That’s why I recommend your products to all my fellow techies. Keep up the great work!

I confirmed this is now fixed on Mac OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks) with Codebook (from Apple Store) Version 3.0.2 (326). CSV Export no longer crashes and it also properly creates the csv file.

Thanks for the quick fix!

Since it seems like Codebook Version 3.0.2 is out for Mac OS X 10.9.5 (Mavericks), when will the update be available for Windows? I ask this out of curiosity, I’m sure your team is working on it.

Hello @Cthulhu

We are planning to release the Codebook for Windows update next week. Thanks!