I have new PC (Windows 10) and I am having problems syncing Codebook data from my iPhone. Desktop WiFi radial button is selected in Preferences and correct computer is selected in iPhone sync settings. I select “Start” but the sync does not happen and eventually times out. What am I doing correctly?
I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with local WiFi synchronization. I have a few questions to help isolate the issue:
- How far does the progress bar get before you experience a timeout?
- How large is your database? Database size can be found within the Database Info section of the settings screen within Codebook.
- Are you running a Windows or third-party firewall?
- Have you successfully synchronized over local WiFi before?
Thank you for responding Nick.
- Progress bar never appears
- Database is very small - 129 entries, 491 fields, 708KB
- Not sure about your firewall question, this is controlled by our system admin and I cannot modify, however this has not been a problem in the past.
- I have used Strip/Codebook for a number of years and successfully synchronized over local WiFi. I am assuming it is my new computer and Windows 10 that is presenting the issue.
Not sure about your firewall question, this is controlled by our system admin and I cannot modify, however this has not been a problem in the past.
This could be the issue, Windows includes a firewall. Here are instructions for disabling the firewall which could be preventing transmission of data. Would you try disabling your local Windows firewall and see if that addresses the issue you are experiencing?
I am unable to disable the firewall. I will have to get with our IT folks (System Admin)… I was hoping I won’t have to take this step.